Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

What Would Happen - Part 3

Hello!  Today, I am continuing the series on the Design Challenge we ambassadors are working on.  In previous posts, I have introduced you to our design team challengers and showed you all the lovely supplies that were hand-picked by our design diva, Dawn Doucette.

Dawn fell into the Romantics team due to her style of designing.  Let me take a moment to reintroduce her:


Dawn Doucette -Victorian influenced, one of a kind designs, attention to the most intricate details, created works of art that become family heirlooms.
Dawn has been designing jewelry since she was a little girl. What began as loomed friendship bracelets evolved into a business of creating couture jewelry; Bella Amore Legacy Jewelry. Dawn works with gemstones, crystals, pearls and seed beads to create one-of-a-kind statement pieces. Her designs have been published in Beadwork Magazine; winning design contests and modeled by distinguished public speakers.



Dawn is giving us a glimpse as to what she is working on for our "Design Challenge". 


Summery colors for sure.  Even though these colors are bright and cheery, I find them highly relaxing at the same time.  They are like sitting in the sun on a beach enjoying a lovely breeze across the water. I love how Dawn played off the colors of the leaf with the coral colored gemstones totally unifying the look.  I really cannot wait to see the rest of this piece.  I know it is going to be amazing.  It looks like she also matched the bead backing to the color of the leather on the pendant as well.  Dawn's designs are very intricate and her attention to detail is unsurpassed.  I enjoy looking at all her designs.  Check out her site to see all her wonderful creations.

I have to say, I am really enjoying this challenge more than I thought I would.  I have been really spurred into creating things after being in a design funk for a while.  Thanks Dawn for helping me break through my designer's block.

Check out the previous posts:
What Would Happen?
What Would Happen - Part 2









No comments:

Post a Comment