Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Featured Shop of Week of 2/8/12

It's been some time since I featured a shop on my blog.  This week, I chosen to feature a wonderful photography shop from Etsy, This Is How I See It Photography.



Meet Zach Dalzell, Owner of This Is How I See It:


I've have been interested in photography my whole life. I grew up watching my dad do it. He worked as a photographer, first, and then as photo editor for a major newspaper in Illinois. However, I didn't get a camera until a year ago.

I shoot with a Nikon D90 right now. I will to upgrade to a pro model camera soon. However, as many photographers know: "It's the photographer, not the camera who make the pictures." I typically shoot all of my photos with my 20-35 F2.8 lens or a 300mm F2.8 lens.

The best thing about photography to me is capturing the world for that split second and always having that saved. Everyday, we lose time on this earth and memories fade. If I have my camera, I can take a photograph of something and have that moment forever.

I attend school at the University of Illinois and am studying History. I do wish to have photography as a career, but have heard from many people in the industry that a degree is not needed. So I am studying my second love: History. I am fascinated with our past and seeing how it keeps repeating itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment